3 Facebook Content Tips
Quick hit post...3 Facebook content tips to help create content that users won't just scroll right through:
1. Implement specific targeting using minimal paid media to ensure your content is seen.
Your content has a better chance of performing well if you make sure you are hitting the exact right target. The great news is that it is now easier than ever to do that using Facebook audience targeting. Some examples:
- Target just those on your email list
- Target a specific location
- Target a specific demographic, age or gender
- Target based on interest (example: travel affinity, specific sports affinity, etc.)
- Target based on behaviors (do they show behaviors that indicate they are more likely to buy a car in the next year?)
- Target people who show indicators that they are "like" your fan base
2. When using video, keep it short and ensure it does not rely on sound
With the majority of Facebook use occurring on mobile, sound is automatically turned off. Ensure your video does not rely on having a soundtrack. Implement captions if needed.
Additionally, make sure that your key message is delivered in the first 5 seconds as average retention of Facebook video is typically under 10 seconds.
3. If at all possible, create content that keeps the user on Facebook. The Facebook algorithms are penalizing brands more than ever for linking off of the site.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!